Exporting and importing core sync items
Items that you can sync can also be exported and imported. Exporting an item creates a .ldms file in XML format that contains the data necessary to recreate that item and any items that item referenced. You can then take this file to another core, for example, and re-import it.
When importing, you'll be prompted to do one of these three things:
- Update: Insert or update matching items, maintaining the group hierarchy specified in the .ldms file. Preserves IDs from the file. This will overwrite any changes to the existing item.
- Insert items into selected group or owner: Insert all items and assign new IDs to each. Only add to group if the type matches. Update the owner of each imported item.
- Insert items into group(s) specified in the .ldms file: Insert the new items, maintaining the group hierarchy specified in the .ldms file. New IDs are assigned to each item.
For more information on how conflict management works, see Core sync conflict management.
To export an item
- In the Network view or tool tree view, right-click the item you want to export and click Export. If an item is exportable it will have an Export command.
- Enter a file name and navigate to the path you want.
- Click Save.
To import an item
- In the Network view or tool tree view, navigate to the location where you want the imported item to appear.
- Right-click and click Import.
- Click the import option you want.
- Click Import.