Management and Security powered by Landesk
Using time zone awareness with task targets
Ivanti® Endpoint Manager powered by Landesk version 9.6 added time zone awareness. There are over 30 time zones in the world, and if you are a global company it can be difficult managing time-sensitive tasks that target devices in multiple time zones. For example, if your company has a maintenance window of 2 AM to 3 AM and your company has offices in both Europe and America, it would be nice if you didn't have to create separate tasks to target the devices in each time zone so the task happens during that window. Now you can easily do all this in a single task.
Among the inventory data Endpoint Manager maintains for each managed device is the time zone the device is in. If you want it to, the task scheduler can use this data to automatically run the task based on the device's time zone instead of the core server's time zone.
To use time zone awareness in a task
- Schedule a task and add targets to it.
- Right-click the task and click Properties.
- On the Target devices page, review the Targeted time zones list to see the list of targeted devices sorted by time zone.
- On the Schedule task page, select Target time zone aware so the task runs based on the target time zone.
- Save your changes and run the task. As the scheduled time arrives in each time zone, the core server runs the task on targets in that time zone.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.