Creating a tenant
Use the Tenant management tool (Tools > Administration > Tenant management > New tenant definition button) to create a tenant. You must give each tenant a unique tenant name and ID. The tenant name must be different than any existing RBA scope and team names. The tenant ID is only editable when you first create the tenant.
By default the tenant ID is a GUID, but you can change it to any combination of letters (A-Z, a-z), numbers, and dashes. GUIDs can be hard to remember, so you may consider using something like the customer number.
The remaining information in the Tenant configuration dialog box is optional. If you do add contact information, contract terms, or licensing information, you can see much of that information in columns inside the Tenant management tool.
The licensing information is informational only. Tenant management doesn't limit the number of tenants to the number of Assigned Ivanti licenses you enter. Tracking assigned licenses can be useful for billing or other purposes.
Use the Notes tab to add any additional information that you want.
Creating a tenant automatically creates a corresponding user management team and scope with the same name for that tenant. You'll need to add console users who will be managing that tenant to that tenant's user management team and scope. Only console users who are members of the tenant's user management team will be able to see the tenant's groups in various parts of the console.
If you rename a tenant, the console will automatically rename the associated user management team and scope to match and it will also rename any other places in the console where the tenant's name appears.
To create a tenant
- Click Tools > Administration > Tenant management.
- Enter a unique Tenant name.
- Change the Unique ID if you don't want to use the random GUID. Valid characters are A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and hyphens.
- If you want, enter additional data relevant to the tenant.
- Click Save.
To add console users who will manage the tenant
- Click Tools > Administration > User management > Teams.
- Double-click the new team named after your tenant name.
- Select the console users who will be managing devices in this tenant.
- Click OK.
To add console users to the tenant's scope
- Click Tools > Administration > User management > Scopes.
- Right-click the new scope named after your tenant name and click Properties.
- In the Scope properties dialog box, select the console users who will be managing devices in this tenant.
- Click OK.