Management and Security powered by Landesk
Managing devices in a tenant
Once you've done the following, you'll see the tenant as an item throughout many parts of the console:
- Created a tenant
- Assigned console rights to manage that tenant
- Added devices to the tenant
You'll see the tenant in such areas as:
- Network view, under Devices, Virtual OS hosts, Queries, and Scopes.
- Administration toolbox, under Column set configuration and User management.
- Distribution toolbox, under Delivery methods, Distribution packages, and Manage scripts.
- Power management tool.
- Security and Compliance toolbox, under Patch and compliance and Security configurations.
You can then use the tenant's team group in these tools to view and manage devices belonging to a tenant. Only console users with rights to manage a tenant will see that tenant in the console.
An easy way to target tenant devices in a scheduled task is to use the mouse to drag the tenant's scope from the Network view and drop it on the task you want.
NOTE: For Windows devices the tenant's unique ID gets added to the registry:
For Macintosh devices the tenant's unique ID gets added to a plist:
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.