Management and Security powered by Landesk
After you've discovered unmanaged devices using the scan and discovery methods described above, you can deploy Ivanti agents to those devices using one of the following methods:
- Push-based deployments using scheduled tasks and a domain administrative account you've configured for the scheduler.
- Push-based deployments using the standard Ivanti agent. If the devices have the standard Ivanti agent, you can do a push-based deployment.
- Pull-based deployment using a login script.
For more information on deploying devices, see the Ivanti User Community at https://community.ivanti.com.
When organizing devices for agent deployment, you may find it easier to sort the unmanaged device list by the standard Ivanti agent to group for standard Ivanti agent device deployments and to sort by domain for scheduled task deployments.
NOTE: When deploying to Windows devices
The Windows default setting forces network logins that use a local account to log in using the guest account instead. If you aren't using a domain-level administrative account and are using a local account for the scheduler service, scheduled tasks will fail because the scheduler service won't be able to authenticate.
To deploy Ivanti agents to unmanaged devices
- Click Tools > Configuration > Agent configuration and create a new configuration or use an existing one. From that configuration's shortcut menu, click Schedule.
- Click Tools > Configuration > Unmanaged device discovery, and select the devices you want to deploy to. Drag the devices onto the Scheduled tasks window. If the Scheduled tasks window is a minimized tab, you can drag devices onto the Scheduled tasks tab, which opens the Scheduled tasks window.
- If the devices don't have the standard Ivanti agent, click Configure > Services, and click the Scheduler tab. Make sure the scheduler account is one that will have administrative privileges on the devices you're deploying to.
- Double-click the deployment script and set a start time. Click OK when you're done.
- Watch the Scheduled tasks window for updates.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.