Web console 2.0
Endpoint Manager 2021.1 SU1 introduces the first stages of a new web console. For now it primarily supports inventory, remote control, and 1:1 software distribution. More features will be added in future releases. The original web console is still supported.
Access the web console from:
In the URL, you must use the core server's fully-qualified domain name. Log in with the same domain\username and password that you use to log in to the Windows console.
A search page appears where you can search for devices by device name, user name, device ID, or IP address. If you click on a user in the search results and that user is associated with multiple devices, you'll see those devices in the list.
Additional things you can do in the web console:
- When you click on a device, you can see some general information about the device and the device's Endpoint Manager task history. Click See additional details for more inventory information.
- Start a Remote control session from the Available actions button at the top. The remote control session opens in a new tab.
- With version 2022 you can distribute software to a device. From Available actions, click Install software.
New in version 2022 SU1
Version 2022 SU1 adds these additional features:
- If your search finds a lot of devices, you can now use the filter button () in each column to further filter the results.
- If your search returns a lot of devices, you can now use the export button () near the top right of the Results page to export all search results. Clicking this button saves the results to your Windows Downloads folder.
- A new Notifications panel is available that shows recent web console notifications. Click the notifications button () at the top right of the page to open it. Clicking a notification takes you to the page that generated it.
- A new set of reporting views under the Reporting menu. Default views include Memory distribution, Processor distribution, and Vulnerable devices.
- Create your own dashboard by clicking the Reporting menu and then clicking Edit dashboard. Click Add widgets, configure, arrange, and size each widget, and click Save dashboard when you're done.
New in version 2022 SU2
- Searches now categorize results as either devices or users.
- You can now filter most list views at the column level. Click the filter icon next to the column that you want to filter.
- Added a Queries tab that shows queries configured in the Web console. You can only view query results in the Web console.
- Added many new reports to the Reports tab, along with the ability to create reports and dashboards based on existing queries.
- Added a Task History tab that shows a history of scheduled task executions, along with their return codes, results, and logs (if available).
- Added a Reboot device action.