Creating an ALM connection type
Creating an ALM connection type is slightly different from other connection types.
To create a connection type for ALM:
- In the Data Connections tree, select the ALM connection, then on the Actions list, click New Connection Type.
A new connection type appears beneath the ALM connection, and the property grid changes.
- Type a name for the connection type, then press ENTER.
- In the Properties grid, alongside Table Name click .
The Available Classes dialog appears.
- Select the required ALM class, then click OK.
The remaining properties are completed.
- In the Properties grid, alongside Available attributes click .
The Select Attribute dialog appears.
- Use and to move items between the Available Objects and Selected Object lists.
The items in the Selected Objects list will be made available to Service Desk or Asset Manager.
- Click the attribute Title, Description and Size (object field length) to modify them as required, then click OK.
The dialog closes.
- Click to save the changes to the connection type.