You can manipulate Service Desk and Asset Manager data using calculations. There are several ways you can use calculations:
- Update a value on a window when another value is changed.
For example, automatically calculating a priority based on the values entered for severity and urgency.
- Time-based calculations for values that are constantly changing.
For example, calculating the time to breach for an incident each time it is displayed.
- Scheduled, background calculations.
For example, calculating the monthly depreciation of an asset.
- Calculations in processes to direct the flow of the process.
For example, if more than a specified number of incidents are linked to a problem, then increment the problem's severity.
- Dynamically set whether or not a field on a window in Web Access or Ivanti Workspaces is mandatory, read-only, or hidden, based on values selected elsewhere on the window.
Some example calculations are provided in Example calculations.
For more information about dynamically updating window definitions using calculations, see Dynamic windows.