By default, AppConnect apps cannot share content with non-AppConnect apps. However, you can allow content sharing with non-AppConnect apps. When you allow it, when a device user selects content in an AppConnect app to share, the user is presented with the list of all apps that can handle the content rather than just a list of AppConnect apps that can handle the content. The content can be any of the following:
You cannot allow sharing only from particular AppConnect apps. Sharing is allowed from either all AppConnect apps or not at all.
To allow content sharing with non-AppConnect apps, you add the key MI_AC_SHARE_CONTENT with the value true.
You add the key-value pair:
- For MobileIron Core deployments, on the AppConnect app configuration for Secure Apps Manager.
This feature requires:
- Secure Apps Manager 8.3 and supported newer versions
- Apps wrapped with wrapper version 8.3 and supported newer versions
- In the MobileIron Core Admin Portal, go to Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select the AppConnect app configuration for the Secure Apps Manager.
- Click Edit.
- In the App-specific Configurations section, click Add+.
- Add the key MI_AC_SHARE_CONTENT with the value true.
- Click Save.