The Ivanti Endpoint Manager Mobile (EPMM) to Ivanti Neurons for MDM (N-MDM) Low User Impact Migration Portal (henceforth referred to in this guide as Migration Portal) is a cloud-based service for migration of devices from EPMM to Ivanti Neurons for MDM. On any page, use the drop-down box to switch between EPMM instances. This switch affects the other pages on the Migration Portal as well.
EPMM administrators can contact their Ivanti Neurons for MDM Professional Services representative for the following:
- Enable the migration feature on a Ivanti Neurons for MDM tenant.
- Get access to the Migration Portal. The Migration Portal credentials are same as the Ivanti Neurons for MDM tenant credentials for which the migration feature has been enabled. Additionally, the System Management and Low User Impact Migration Management roles need to be assigned to the user who would access the Migration Portal and trigger migrations.
- Perform pre-migration procedures.
After migrating from EPMM to Ivanti Neurons for MDM, local users must reset their passwords using the Ivanti Neurons for MDM User Portal on the login page. Alternatively, the administrators can modify their passwords.
On the Admin page:
- Configure or update the Ivanti Neurons for MDM API credentials.
- Manage EPMM instances:
- View, add, configure, and remove EPMM instances. Choose Deployment Type as On Premise or Connected Cloud.
- Upload or modify the following certificates for a EPMM instance:
- MDM Certificate
- Portal Certificate - to be uploaded only when EPMM is shut down.
- Android Work ESA
On the Sync Jobs page:
- Before performing any other task on the Migration Portal, click the Sync Now button to sync the device, labels, and device to label association information from EPMM to Migration Portal.
- View the device sync status and related information about the sync jobs of the selected EPMM instance.
- View the list of failed sync jobs with reasons for the failures.
On the Devices page:
- View a list of active mobile devices registered with the selected EPMM instance.
- Search and filter to find the list of devices quickly. For example, you can filter devices for which the Migration Status is In-Progress.
- Migrate a device to Ivanti Neurons for MDM.
- In the Actions column, click the eye icon against a device to view all the migration steps with the status of each step in a pop-up window. The window also includes the Force Retry Migration option if the device is stuck during migration and the Retry Failed option if migration has failed.
On the Labels page:
- View a list of labels available in the selected EPMM instance as paginated lists.
- Select a single label to initiate label-based device migration by administrators and by device users.
- Send email and push notifications with a custom message to all devices in a label in the selected EPMM instance.
- In the Export CSV column, click the graph icon corresponding to a label to export a CSV file containing a list of devices and their details.
- For devices of a label that are stuck during migration, click either the Retry Failed option or the Force Retry In-Progress Devices option to initiate the "Force Retry" option on all applicable devices in this label.
- Use the search box to enter and find labels quickly. The list displays the counts of devices in various states as hyperlinks.
- Schedule migrations of devices assigned to a specific label.
- Allow device users to start migrations using the Device Migration Portal.
On the Migrations page:
- View a list of device migrations created in the selected EPMM instance as paginated lists.
- Manage migrations based on Migration Type, Migration Mode, and Labels.
- Search and filter to find the list of previous migration requests quickly.
- Cancel Migration if required. This option is applicable only to User Controlled migrations triggered at the label level.
On the Notifications page:
- Manage email and push notifications sent to devices in a label in the selected EPMM instance.
- Search by Notification Name and filter Notification Type and labels to find the list of previous notifications quickly.