If there are any changes such as new devices or labels being added in EPMM, then go to the Sync Jobs page and click the Sync Now button to sync device information from EPMM to Migration Portal.
Each entry in the Devices page represents an active mobile device that has been registered with a EPMM instance as paginated lists. Use the drop-down box to switch between EPMM instances. This switch to a different EPMM instance reflects on other pages of the Migration Portal as well.
The Migration Portal credentials are same as the Ivanti Neurons for MDM tenant credentials for which the migration feature has been enabled.
Starting from release 12, if a device is marked in one of the following states, the administrator now has the option to mark the device to Resolved and specify the reason.
If you set the status of a device to Resolved state, the state is irreversible.
The Devices page lists important information about the devices, such as:
- User Name
- Email (Optional)
- UPN (Optional)
- Registration Type
- Client Version (Optional)
- EPMM Status (Optional)
- Migration State (Optional)
- Migration Status - Not Started, In Progress, Migrated, Failed, Halted
- Last Check In (to EPMM)
By default, the optional fields (columns) are hidden on this page. Click the gear icon to select (or deselect) any of the fields to be displayed (or hidden) on this page.
You can sort the list of devices by any of the preceding column headers. Click the Refresh icon to refresh the Devices page. The Labels column displays the count of labels associated with the respective device. Click the count to display the list of labels.
In the Actions column, click the eye icon against a device to view all the migration steps with the status of each step in a pop-up window. Click the refresh icon to display the latest status. This page displays the following information:
Transitioned State - For example: MI_CLIENT_STARTED
- Description - For example: Client Check-In Pending
- Transitioned At - Displays the time-stamp of the corresponding activity
Settings in Ivanti Neurons for MDM
This section describes migration-related notes and additional information in Ivanti Neurons for MDM.
- The Admin > MDM Certificate page displays multiple MDM certificates (if available) in Ivanti Neurons for MDM and an additional MDM certificate for each migrating EPMM instance. Each certificate has the Generate CSR and Renew options.
- The migrated device information is displayed in the device details page in the Device Source field, which represents the EPMM server from where the device is migrated.
- On the Devices page, use the Device Source filter to list devices based on their origins. This filter is displayed only if there are more than one cluster identifier values.
- You can create device groups based on the Device Source field. Based on the requirements, you can configure policies for this device group separately.
- If a device has device custom attributes associated with it on EPMM, then the pre-requisites for migration to pass are:
- The device custom attributes should be created in Ivanti Neurons for MDM (via ETL) before triggering migration for that device.
- The Ivanti Neurons for MDM API user added should have device management role associated with that user on Ivanti Neurons for MDM.
For more information, see the Ivanti Neurons for MDM product documentation.
Finding and filtering devices
If there are many devices, it can be helpful to use any combination of searches or filters to quickly locate a device entry. You can also skip ahead to display a page of devices or search for a device.
Finding a device
- Go to Devices.
- In the top left corner, type a search string in the Find Devices field. The matching devices will be displayed on the page.
- Go to Devices.
- Click the filter icon to toggle the filter pane.
- Select one or more of the following filters (left pane) to narrow the device entries displayed:
- EPMM Status - Active. This filter is selected by default.
- Platform - Android, iOS
- Migration Status - Not-Started, In-Progress, Migrated, Failed
- Migration State
- To display the devices of the iPhone model, enter iPhone in the 'Find Devices' search box.
- To display the migrated Android devices, select Android from the Platform section and select Migrated from the Migration Status section.
- To display the devices for which the Migration Status is In-Progress, select In-Progress from the Migration Status section.
Migrating a device to Ivanti Neurons for MDM
Note the following points:
- Migration is supported for Android and iOS devices. It is disabled for retired and inactive devices.
Migration of devices to Ivanti Neurons for MDM cannot be undone.
You can select only one device at a time for migration.
- Go to Devices.
- (Optional) Search or filter to find the device.
- Select the device.
- Click Migrate.
- Click OK to initiate the migration.
- Click OK on the confirmation dialog box.
After the device is migrated along with the user, the Migration Status changes to Migrated in the Migration Portal. The status changes to Migrated after a background process involving many steps is completed. You can click the Refresh icon on the page to display the latest status.
In the Actions column of the Devices page, you can perform any of the following actions depending on the device migration status:
- For a device whose migration has been triggered and failed, click the Retry Failed Migration option.
- For a device that is stuck during migration (for example, a device that is not in the network, a device that is not checking in), click the eye icon to display a pop-up window. In this window, click the Force Retry Migration option. Use the Force Retry Migration option only if you are sure that the device is still active, but the migration has not been successful. In addition, two immediate Force Retry Migration actions are not allowed.
In EPMM, the device status is marked as Retired.
In theMigration Portal, the device is listed as a new device on the Devices page. The Migration State column represents the stage of the migration process.