You add a public Google Play app for Android devices to the App Catalog on the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal.
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal , go to Apps > App Catalog.
- Select Add+.
- Select Google Play to open the app wizard.
- In the Search field, enter the app name and then select Search. Google Play Store displays app icons with their names in the search results.
- Select the app you want to add to the App Catalog.
- Within the app, choose Select.
- Select Next. The Describe page displays.
Use the following guidelines to complete the remaining options for each app.
Displays the app name defined by the app developer. This is the name that displays to device users. This field is not editable.
The app description as retrieved from Google Play displays. You can edit the description. Users will see this description in Apps@Work on their devices.
Select one or more categories to display this app in a category tab in Apps@Work or add a new category.
- Click Add New Category to define new categories.
- Enter a category Name (up to 64 characters).
- Enter a Description (up to 255 characters).
- In the Category Icon section, click the Replace Icon button.
- Browse and select an icon that will represent this Category.
- Click Save.
Use Global App Config Policy Selecting the check box makes the policy settings take priority over the app settings if and only if the global policy is created and available for a particular device. Leaving the check box empty means the app's configuration settings will be used. For more information, see "Global App Config Settings policy" in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for Android and Android Enterprise devices.
If check box is selected, this app appears in the Featured Apps tab in Apps@Work.
Selecting the check box will display this app as part of the top banner on the Apps@Work Home page on end users' devices. The latest five apps will be picked up to be part of Apps@Work Home page.
Per App VPN by Label Only
Select this check box to require the Per App VPN configuration to be assigned to a label that matches the device, then select one of the pre-configured Per-App VPN in the field below. If there is no associated label between the VPN configuration and the device, Per App VPN will not be installed on the device.
De-select this check box to assign the per App VPN based on the selections in the Per App VPN field, ignoring labels. Ivanti does not recommend de-selecting Per-App VPN by Label Only, as this field will change in future Ivanti EPMM releases and become selected by default.
Per app VPN is not supported for MAM-only Android devices.
Ivanti does not recommend using Per App VPN with apps that utilize device spaces.
The Selected VPNs column lists the VPN configuration that may be installed on the device, in priority order:
If Per App VPN by Label Only is selected, then the VPN configuration must be assigned to a label matching the device in order to be installed. The first VPN in the list that is also assigned to a label associated with the device has the highest priority.
If Per App VPN by Label Only is not selected, then the VPN configurations listed are in priority order and do not need to be assigned to a label matching the device. Ivanti does not recommend de-selecting Per-App VPN by Label Only, as this field will change in future Ivanti EPMM releases and become selected by default.
To populate the Selected VPNs column, select the VPN configuration you created for per app VPN in the All VPNs column, and click the right arrow. You can select multiple per app VPN settings.
To reorder the per app VPN configurations in the Selected VPNs column, drag the configuration names to the correct positions in the list.
See “Managing VPN settings” in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for information on creating a per app VPN.
Per app VPN is not supported for MAM-only Android devices.
Install this app for Android enterprise
You must be a Global Space administrator to use this setting. Select to enable public and private apps available to device users for download to Android devices. You can change the “Install this app for Android enterprise” setting for each app in the app’s details page at any time.
The app displays in the App Catalog page when the Platform filter is set to Android.
- Apply the app to a label to have that app listed in Apps@Work on Android devices.
For Android 8.0 and above devices, Ivanti Mobile@Work allows delegation permissions for apps in Managed Device with Work Profile (COPE) mode.
For Public or Self Hosted Apps (Google Play Private channel apps) pushed by Managed Google Play or regular Google Play:
- Apps are assigned to device in Managed Device with Work Profile (COPE) mode and will be pushed and installed silently by Google Play services inside the Managed Device with Work Profile.
- After the app is installed in the Managed Device with Work Profile mode, delegated permissions is applied by Ivanti Mobile@Work.
- This feature is supported for Samsung and non-Samsung devices running Android 8.0 or newer versions.
Using Quick Import in the App Catalog is a fast way to add multiple apps using default settings. Options and configurations can be edited later as needed.
If you have installed Android Enterprise, the Quick Import option is disabled. You can use the Google Play iFrame to import apps.
- Go to Apps > App Catalog in the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal.
- Click Quick Import > Google Play.
- Enter any part of an application name or package name.
- Click Search. Search results from the Google Play Store appear.
- Click Import, at the end of the line, to add the app to the App Catalog.
- The store import dialog remains open so you can quickly search and add more apps.
- Click X to close the dialog.
Edit the app details for the imported app and select Install this app for Android enterprise.
De-selecting this option does not uninstall the app from devices which already have it installed.
- Fill out the Android Enterprise-related restrictions as necessary.
All apps that are available to be installed for Android Enterprise (because you have selected Install this app for Android enterprise) have the “suitcase” badge on their icon. These apps can also be installed on non-Android Enterprise devices.
- You can edit the app’s settings at any time. Select the app in the App Catalog, and click Edit.
- The metadata and reviews for an app selected for installation from Google Play may not be displayed depending on the configuration of the customers firewall.