The inventory interval settings define how often Ivanti EPMM checks the app inventory on secured Windows 10 devices.
App inventory, for each device, can be 20-40 MB, which can affect performance depending on how this feature is configured. When intervals do not match up with device check-in settings, the timing for checking the app inventory is deferred to the next scheduled device check-in time period to avoid excess syncs.
For example, assuming the Device Checkin setting is set to the default of 4 hours and the Inventory Interval settings are all set to 6 hours. The second app inventory sync will take place when the device check in next (in 8 hours).
If an administrator initiates a Force Device Check-in, an inventory request is synced, reporting the installed apps in Ivanti EPMM, independent of the Inventory Interval schedule. Every FDC resets the timer for the next inventory request.
This feature is disabled, by default. When enabled, the default time interval is 12 hours (all intervals are in hours). Use this feature to configure inventory interval settings for the following applications:
- App Store
- Non Store
To configure inventory intervals for apps on Windows 10 devices:
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, go to Settings > Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Windows 10 Inventory Configuration Settings section.
Enter a number (in hours) for one or more type of apps for which you want to take inventory.
The options are:
App Store Inventory Interval
Non App Store Inventory Interval
System Inventory Interval
Win32 Inventory Interval
A Non Storeapp is any app that is not a system app or downloaded from the App Store (such as an in-house app).
- Click Save.
To turn on inventory intervals for apps on Windows 10 devices:
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, go to Policies & Configs > Policy.
- Scroll to the Windows 10 Inventory group.
- Click Enabled to check app inventory on the devices or Disabled to turn off the inventory sync.
- Click Save.
The default policy disables all app types.
To view app inventory on Windows 10 devices:
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, go to Apps > Installed Apps.
- Select Windows in the left pane and then click Search to see a list of installed apps based on the configurations you set for secure Windows 10 devices.
If you have configured an inventory interval and turned on the feature, you will see a list of apps in the window.
App inventory is pulled from the device the first time the device is enrolled.