Apps@Work as it appears on the device is meant to resemble the Apple App Store. The Apps@Work home screen includes the following components:
- Apps@Work title: By default, the Apps@Work home screen is titled Apps@Work, and bears the default Apps@Work icon. You can customize the title and icon, however, as described in Apps@Work branding.
- Apps@Work icon: The Apps@Work icon moves to different locations, depending upon the action and the device. Refer to the table below:
Table 9. Apps@Work icons in iOS and macOS devices
- Apps@Work is not embedded within Ivanti Mobile@Work.
- Tapping on the Apps@Work icon on the iOS device home screen launches Apps@Work. The icon is always displayed on the home screen regardless if the app is running in the background or closed.
- When Ivanti Mobile@Work is initially launched, the Apps@Work icon displays in the system tray.
- Clicking the Apps@Work icon in the system tray launches Apps@Work.
- When Apps@Work is launched, the Apps@Work icon displays in the Ivanti Mobile@Work menu.
- When Apps@Work is minimized, the Apps@Work icon displays icon in the Dock.
- When Apps@Work is closed, the Apps@Work icon disappears from the Dock.
- Featured banner: The featured banner shows the five latest apps that have been configured to display in the featured banner, where the featured app rotates every five seconds. When tapping an app in the featured banner, the app details are displayed. For details, see Featured Banner.
- New Releases: The New Releases section displays apps imported into the App Catalog in Ivanti EPMM since the last device synchronization.
- Featured Apps: The Featured Apps section shows App Catalog apps that have been configured as featured apps, to be displayed in the Featured Apps category.
- Tap an app to view its details, tap Install to install the app.
- Tap Re-install to install an app again.
- Tap Update to request an update of the app. The Update option is only shown if a newer version of the installed app is available in the App Catalog.
- Tap View to examine the details of a public app on the Apple App Store.
Apps being installed have a Pending status. Refresh the screen by pulling it down.
For more details about featured apps, see Feature this App in the Apps@Work Catalog.
- Popular Apps: The Popular Apps sections shows up to 25 App Catalog apps with the greatest number of installations in descending order over the last 30, 60, or 90 days. Device users only see those popular apps applied to labels to which they belong, regardless of whether they have installed these apps. Popular apps not available for download to a given device will not be shown. Popular apps are updated once per hour. Uninstalled apps are not counted or shown.
- For more information about popular apps, see Configuring popular apps for display in Apps@Work (Android, iOS, macOS).
- Categories: The Categories section shows all the categories you defined for apps in the App Catalog in Ivanti EPMM. For more information about categories, see Creating or changing a category for iOS and macOS apps.
- Search: You can search for apps by name or description. The last item searched will be remembered.
- App details: When tapping an app, Apps@Work shows an app details page, which includes the following information:
- App name and icon
- Date published
- Install status
A series of icons at the bottom of the page allow the device user to more easily navigate Apps@Work. The icons include:
- Home: Tap to return to the Apps@Work home screen.
Categories: Tap See All to browse apps by category, such as Sales, Marketing, Engineering. Tap a category to view a list of all apps in that category. On each category page, tap the Install All Apps button (an underlined downward arrow) to send an installation request to Ivanti EPMM and the Apple App Store. Tapping Install All Apps will also install Apple Licensed apps.
Unsupervised devices will request permission first before installing all apps. On supervised devices, Ivanti EPMM installs all apps without requesting device user permission.
- Search: Tap to search for apps by name.
- Updates: Tap to view a list of apps that have updates available. Tap an individual app to update it.
Tap the Update All button (an underlined downward arrow) to update all apps. An update request is sent for all apps. Apps being updated have a Pending status. Refresh the screen by pulling it down.
Update status is not supported for MAM-only iOS devices.