iOS device users cannot use Apps@Work by default. You must first set up Apps@Work for iOS by completing the following tasks:
- Set authentication options.
See Setting authentication options for Apps@Work for iOS devices.
- Optionally, customize the icon for Apps@Work.
See Apps@Work branding
- Optionally, enable users to rate Apps@Work apps.
See Enabling device users to rate and review apps in Apps@Work
- Send the Apps@Work web clip to iOS devices.
- See Sending the Apps@Work web clip to iOS and macOS devices.
If you do not complete this step, then iOS devices will not have access to Apps@Work.
Note the following:
- Because the Apps@Work web clip is deployed like any other configuration, there might be a considerable lag between device registration and the appearance of the web clip.
- As a web clip, Apps@Work is impacted by web content filters, available in supervised devices. Make sure your web content filters do not block access to Ivanti EPMM. If Ivanti EPMM access is blocked, Apps@Work cannot work. For more information, see “Web content filter settings” in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide.
By default, certificate-based authentication is enabled. Releases prior to Ivanti Endpoint Manager Mobile 18.104.22.168 also have HTTP basic authentication available, but enabling it is not recommended. This setting applies to both the Apps@Work iOS web clip and the Apps@Work container app for iOS.
Change the Apps@Work Port setting in the System Manager if all of the following are true:
- You are using certificate-based authentication for Apps@Work for iOS.
- You have enabled mutual authentication for devices at Settings > System Settings > Security > Certificate Authentication.
- You are using the iOS Apps@Work web clip.
To change the Apps@Work Port setting, see "Port Settings" in the Ivanti EPMM System Manager Guide.
- “Enabling mutual authentication for Apple and Android devices” in Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for iOS and macOS devices
- "Port Settings" in the Ivanti EPMM System Manager Guide.
- Apps@Work in Ivanti Mobile@Work for Android
You can optionally allow users to rate and review the apps you push to Apps@Work.
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, go to Apps > Apps@Work Settings.
- Under App Storefront Reviews and Ratings, select Enable Ratings and Reviews for iOS, macOS and Android.
- Click Save.
Ivanti EPMM sends the Apps@Work web clip to iOS and macOS devices only after you assign the iOS and macOS labels to the web clip, respectively.
On iOS and macOS devices, the Apps@Work web clip is only supported on the Safari web browser.
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, go to Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select the WEBCLIP configuration type called System - iOS Enterprise AppStore.
- Go to Actions > Apply to Label.
- Select the iOS or the macOS label, or both.
Ivanti EPMM automatically applies the iOS and macOS labels to the System - iOS Enterprise AppStore SCEP setting, enabling Apps@Work to authenticate with Ivanti EPMM.
The Target Bundle Identifier in the above configuration is applicable to all other webclips except Apps@Work.