Adding fonts to iOS devices
You can push a font to managed iOS devices by defining a configuration and applying it to the relevant labels. The font configuration is sent to devices upon the next sync with Ivanti EPMM.
After the new font arrives, device users will be able to select the font if they wish. You can create additional font configurations to push more fonts to devices. Each configuration includes one font.
Note the following:
- Font configurations are not encrypted.
- Large font files can have unpredictable performance impact on Ivanti EPMM. The performance impact is due to Ivanti EPMM requiring multiple device check-ins to apply the font to all devices. The performance impact depends on the size of the font file and on the number of devices impacted. To avoid performance impact, manage your labels to limit the number of devices impacted by a configuration with a large font file.
- In the Admin Portal, select Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select Add New > Apple > iOS / tvOS > Fonts. The New Fonts Configuration dialog box opens.
Enter your specifications using the table below as guidance.
Enter a name for the font configuration.
Enter a description for the font configuration.
Click Browse and select your .ttf or .otf font file. The maximum file size for a font file is 40MB.
- Click Save.
- Select the font configuration.
- Click Actions > Apply to Label, and select the labels to which you want to apply the font.
- Click Save.