Android File Transfer Configurations
The File Transfer Configuration is available for Android devices. Using this configuration, the administrator can provide an option to transfer files on the device to be shared between different allowed apps present on the same device. The other apps can use the file to upgrade or initialize app files. This configuration is supported in Fully Managed device modes.
By default, the maximum limit of a file size is 50 MB. In the case of standalone licenses, more storage options are available.
- Go to Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select Add New > Android > File Transfer. The Create File Transfer Configuration dialog box opens.
- Enter a name for the configuration in the Name box.
- Enter a Description of the configuration.
- In the File to Transfer section, select the Upload button and choose the file.
Select one or more of the following Download to device options (optional):
- Allow download over metered Network - Select to continue downloading the file even on a metered network
- Require Charging - Select to make sure that the device is charging during the file transfer process
- Require Device Idle - Select to keep the device idle during the file transfer process
Share file with other app(s)
You can use either Transfer using Android Managed App Config or Transfer using On-device Intent
Android Managed App Config (Steps 7 and 8 are for Android Managed App Config option only) - Use this option only if the target app can consume Content URI using its Managed App Config.
Add a non-existing device-based custom attribute to share the file with other apps.
Provide access to the following apps and/or Package Names: You can select app names from the App Names selector and add Package Names.
App Names - You can select app names from the App names selector
Package Names - You can enter the Bundle IDs in this area
On-device Intent (Steps 9, 10 and 11 are for On-device Intent option only) - Intents are app-specific. To share a file using this option, see the target app documentation and provide the following information:
Select an app in the Provide access to specific app list.
Provide the Intents-Standard values from the list.
Provide the Intents-Extras values under KEY, TYPE, and VALUE.
You can find the content URI information under the Attributes tab of a device. This provides the information about the storage location of the file on the device.