For each app installed on an iOS device, you can configure notification settings, such as whether to display alerts in the iOS Notification Center and on the locked screen.
This feature is supported on supervised devices running iOS 9.3 or supported newer versions.
- Go to Policies & Configs > Policies.
Select Add New > iOS and macOS > iOS Only > Notification Settings.
The New Notification Settings Configuration dialog box opens.
Define the status and priority of the notification setting, using the following table as a guideline.
Enter a name for the notification message, for example, "Lock Screen message."
Select Active to enable the notification settings configuration, or Inactive to disable it.
Set the priority of the notification settings configuration if there is more than one policy.
If you want to place greater priority on this lock screen message policy than another, select Higher than, and then select the lock screen message policy over which this policy will take priority.
If you want to place lesser priority on this lock screen message policy than another, select Lower than, and then select the lock screen message policy that will be used before the one you are defining.
Enter a description for the lock screen message policy.
- Under the Notification Settings header, select The settings specified for the first app will be applied to all apps added after it. This means that whatever notification settings you set for the first app added become the default setting for all subsequent apps. Once saved, any edits to the first app will not impact the second or third saved apps.
Click Add+ to configure notification settings for an app.
The New App Notification Settings Configuration dialog box opens.
- In the Bundle Identifier drop-down, select an app whose notifications you want to configure. Alternately, type in the app name into the field.
- Select the Notifications Enabled check box. The notification settings become enabled.
Choose the notification features you want to enable for the app, using the following table as a guideline.
iOS All Versions
Show in Notification Center
Select to show notifications for this app in the Notification Center on iOS devices.
Select to allow notifications to produce an audible alert on iOS devices.
Select to allow notification to be displayed on the app icon in badge form.
Show in Lock Screen
Select to display notifications for this app when the iOS device screen is locked.
Click the drop-down to select the type of notification you want to be displayed for the app: None, Banner, or Alert.
Allow critical alerts to be enabled (ignore "Do Not Disturb")
Select to mark the notification as critical and to ignore Do Not Disturb and ringer settings. Applicable for iOS 12 or supported newer versions.
Show critical alert when using CarPlay
Select to indicate the critical alert displays when device user is using CarPlay. Applicable for iOS 12 or supported newer versions.
Select from the drop-down the type of grouping for this notification:
Automatic: Notifications from each app will appear in groups based on app alerts. For example, if the device user has multiple iMessage conversations going on with people, the notifications might be grouped by app (iMessage) but separated by person.
By App: All notifications from each app will be grouped into single expandable alerts. This means all incoming notifications from a specific app are grouped together rather than intelligently separated.
Off: Notifications appear in the order they are received, without grouping. This setting disables Notification Grouping for the selected app entirely, which means the devuce user's incoming notifications for that app will all come in individually, like they did in iOS 11.
Applicable for iOS 12 or supported newer versions.
Select to preview type to display in device notification message previews.
None - No setting selected. The device user controls the display message previews as per user settings for the apps on the device.
Always (default) - Display message previews.
When Unlocked - Display message previews only when a device is unlocked.
Never - Prevent apps from displaying message previews in Notifications.
- In the App Notifications Settings dialog box, click Apply. In the New Notifications Settings Configurations dialog box, the new notification setting displays in the Bundle Identifier section.
- Add+ any additional apps to the Bundle Identifier section.
- In the New Notification Settings Configuration dialog box, click Save.
- Go to Actions > Apply To Label.
- Select the label or labels to apply from the Apply To Label dialog box.
- Click Apply.