Ivanti Mobile@Work for macOS allows you to:
- register macOS devices with Ivanti EPMM using web-based registration (this automatically installs Ivanti Mobile@Work )
- run shell scripts on macOS devices.
As a convenience, instead of macOS device users manually entering registration credentials, you can set it up so devices are automatically registered with Ivanti EPMM.
What the device user sees:
- Device user receives an email invitation with a link in it.
- Device user selects on the link.
- The device user enters username, password and accepts the terms of service displayed in Ivanti Mobile@Work for macOS.
- Device user then downloads the enroll.mobileconfig file. When this happens, Ivanti Mobile@Work is automatically downloaded and user registration is automatically completed.
Note the following:
What happens after downloading the enroll.mobileconfig file varies based upon the user's browser and settings:
- If the user uses the default browser (Safari), Settings is launched with the enroll.mobileconfig file and the user will need to go through permissions dialogs to enable MDM on the mac.
- If the user is not using a default browser, the enroll.mobileconfig file is downloaded but Settings is not launched. This means the user will need to double-click on the enroll.mobileconfig file to continue registration.
What the administrator does
As with other types of devices, you can configure whether you want macOS device users to enter a password, PIN, or both during registration, as described in Setting the registration PIN code length for device user registration.
Device users can retire their macOS devices from Ivanti EPMM by uninstalling Ivanti Mobile@Work for macOS from their devices.
- Upload the PKG file for Ivanti Mobile@Work for macOS to a secure server. This server must be accessible to device users. See "Using the wizard to add an in-house macOS bundled app to the App Catalog" in the Ivanti EPMM Apps@Work Guide.
- Set up the email invitation template. See Customizing registration messages
- Send the email invitation to device users.
- Monitor devices for status in Devices & Users > Devices.
Customized terms of service