If enabled, client users can use the Trust and UnTrust options to protect company data and applications in risky locations.
Figure 1. Trust and UnTrust options in self-service portal
- UnTrust: Users select this option to temporarily remove confidential information and applications from their device. Use this option before entering a location where device security may be at higher than normal risk, such as in airports.
- Trust: Users select this option to restore confidential information and applications on their device. Use this option when no unusual device security risks exist.
Before you begin
- An administrator must configure Trust and UnTrust labels for device users. See Enabling the iOS Trust/UnTrust option.
- Client device users must have the Trust/Untrust role assigned to them or to their LDAP group.
To enable Trust and Untrust options on the device:
- From a supported iPhone, click the MobileIron icon. The following pop-up message displays:
Untrusted Enterprise Developer
"iPhone Distribution: MobileIron" has not been trusted on this iPhone. Until this developer has been trusted, their enterprise apps will not be available for use."
- Click Cancel to close the window.
- Click Settings > General > Device Management. The MobileIron app will display there under Enterprise App.
- Click the MobileIron icon. A confirmation window displays.
- Click Trust. The Trust/Untrust option is enabled.
- When in an insecure location, click UnTrust. Your company assets will be removed from the device until the device is once again Trusted.