You can limit the Wi-Fi networks iOS devices can join only to those Wi-Fi networks installed by profiles. This option enhances security, in that the Wi-Fi networks installed by profiles on iOS devices are secure, trusted networks. You enable this option in the security policy pushed to iOS devices.
This feature applies only to supervised devices running iOS 10.3 or supported newer versions.
Note the following:
- After you push the Wi-Fi whitelist restriction to devices, the restriction will work only if Ivanti EPMM has pushed at least one Wi-Fi network configuration to iOS devices using an MDM profile. The MDM profile with Wi-Fi configuration can only be pushed to devices through Ivanti EPMM (and not through any other means, such as Apple Configurator).
- If Ivanti EPMM removes all Wi-Fi configurations from the device, then the Wi-Fi whitelist restriction is removed as well.
- Enabling and disabling this feature causes Ivanti EPMM to push Wi-Fi configurations to devices. As such, try to minimize enabling and disabling this feature.
- Go to Policies & Configs > Policies.
- Select the security policy for which you want to enable this feature.
- Select Edit.
- Select Only join Wi-Fi networks installed by profiles (iOS 10.3 and later with supervised devices only).
- Select Save.