The Windows Business Store Portal (BSP) The Store for Business provides app purchases based on organizational identity, flexible distribution options, and the ability to reclaim or re-use licenses. Organizations can also use the Store for Business to create a private store for their employees that includes apps from the Store, as well private Line-of-Business (LOB) apps.
BSP allows organizations to:
- Make volume purchases of Windows applications.
- Create a private store for their employees (with Store apps and Line-of-Business (LOB) applications).
- Shut off the Microsoft Store on devices.
- Get applications from offline mode and silently install without relying on Microsoft Store to push applications.
Refer to the Ivanti EPMM [email protected] Guide for more information about managing applications for Windows devices.
We recommend you have met the following prerequisites before starting this section:
- Standard prerequisites for all Azure services
- One or more applications to add to Azure
This section describes the overall work flow for setting up Ivanti EPMM and BSP to work together:
- Add a BSP app in Azure
- Add and activate the Azure App in BSP
- Add the Azure information into Ivanti EPMM
- Deploying apps
The first step to using Ivanti EPMM with BSP is to create an Azure app under your tenant.
- Log into Microsoft Azure.
- Go to the tenant to which you want to add the app.
- Click NEW on the bottom of the window to open a wizard.
- Click Add an application my organization is developing.
Enter a name for the app in the NAME field.
The name should be easy to remember, but personalized to your organization. You will use this name later in this process.
- Click WEB APPLICATION AND/OR WEB API then click the right arrow to continue.
Set up the following 2 URLs.
- SIGN-ON URL: URL for your instance of Ivanti EPMM.
- APP ID URL: to the Ivanti EPMM administrator Login instance.
- Click the check mark to save the configuration.
- Go to Azure Applications.
- Select the app and click Configure.
- Make note of the ID in the CLIENT ID field to use it in Ivanti EPMM later.
Select a key in the keys section.
Ivanti recommends using a 2-year activation period for the key. Remember to refresh this key before activation period has gone by or access to the portal will stop. If you lose your key you can generate a new one
- Save the changes on this page.
- Make note key to enter into Ivanti EPMM later.
- Click Add application.
- Complete the steps in BSP set up.
The section describes how to set up BSP to allow access to the BSP from Azure.
- Log into BSP (https://businessstore.microsoft.com).
- Select Settings > Management Tools.
- Click the Add a management tool link.
- Enter the name of the app you added (in Add a BSP app in Azure ).
- Click Save.
- Select Settings > Offline licensing.
Click the Activate link for the app.
Ivanti EPMM integration is setup for use primarily with offline licensing. Online licensing requires administrators keep the Microsoft store open to users as online licensing cannot be distributed silently.
- Complete the steps in Ivanti EPMM Setup.
The section describes how to set up Ivanti EPMM to allow access to the BSP from Azure.
- Log into the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal.
- Select Settings > System Settings > Windows > Business Store Portal.
- Click Enable Business Store Portal.
Enter the following information you generated in the Add a BSP app in Azure :
Tenant ID (enter into BSP Domain field)
Client ID (enter into BSP Client ID field)
Secret Key (enter into BSP Key field)
- Select how often you want to sync to the BSP.
- Click Save.
- Complete the steps in Deploying applications.
Refer to the Ivanti EPMM [email protected] Guidefor details on how to:
- Import apps, edit, deploy, and apply them to the labels
- Silently install offline in-house apps
- Distribute online apps
All BSP Apps will be shown with a BSP Version so that administrators can tell the difference between BSP and apps loaded through other means. The size of the app will be the largest package available to the administrator. This may not be the same size as what is on the device.