Generating a one-time PIN for resetting a secure apps passcode
On the AppConnect global policy, you can configure Ivanti EPMM to allow device users to reset their secure apps (AppConnect) passcode when they forget it. When you have configured this option, device users who registered with Ivanti EPMM using a user name and password can enter those credentials in [email protected] for iOS > the Secure Apps Manager to authenticate themselves and then reset their secure apps passcode. However, device users who registered with Ivanti EPMM using a registration PIN need a different mechanism for authenticating themselves.
This mechanism involves these steps:
- The user generates a one-time PIN on the user portal. The one-time PIN is valid for 24 hours.
- In [email protected] for iOS > the Secure Apps Manager on a device, the user follows the instructions for resetting a forgotten secure apps passcode.
- When prompted for his user credentials, the user enters his user name and the one-time PIN.
- The user resets his secure apps passcode.
Configuration requirements to allow the user portal to generate a one-time PIN
The user portal displays the option to generate a one-time PIN only if you have configured all of the following in the Admin Portal:
- The user portal role that allows the user to reset their secure apps passcode
- A license for AppConnect third-party and in-house apps, [email protected], or [email protected]
- An AppConnect global policy for the device that allows users to recover their AppConnect passcodes.
Configuring the user portal to generate a one-time PIN
Configure the following in the Admin Portal to allow the user portal to generate a one-time PIN:
- In Devices & Users > Users, select the user.
- Select Actions > Assign Roles.
- In the Assign Role(s) dialog box, select Reset Secure Apps Passcode.
- Select Save.
- In Settings > System Settings > Additional Products > Licensed Products, select at least one of the following:
- AppConnect for Third-party and In-house Apps
- In Policies & Configurations > Policies, select the AppConnect global policy for the device.
- In the Policy Details panel, select Edit. The Modify AppConnect Global Policy dialog box opens
- In the AppConnect passcode section, select .
- Select .
- Select Save.