Removing Android Enterprise
This section addresses the removal of Android Enterprise-related items.
Removing an Android Enterprise configuration causes device to retire
When you enroll an Android device on a dynamic label using Android for Work with Work Profile mode, Work Managed Device mode, and Managed Device with Work Profile (COPE) mode and later modify the label criteria to exclude the device, the following occurs:
- The device's client configuration is removed.
- The device becomes retired and displays in the Retired Device's Dashboard.
This is applicable to Android Enterprise devices in all modes:
- Work Managed Device (Device Owner) mode - a device retire causes a factory reset
- Work Profile mode - a device retire causes deletion of the work profile
- Managed Device with Work Profile (COPE) mode - a device retire causes a factory reset. Applicable to Android devices versions 8-10.
- Work Profile on Company Owned device - a device retire causes a factory reset. Applicable to Android versions 11 or supported newer versions.
Removing the Android Enterprise account in Ivanti EPMM
You can remove the Android Enterprise account from Ivanti EPMM, severing Ivanti EPMM’s connection with Google. This removal causes devices to retire when they check in.
- In the Admin Portal, go to Services > Google.
- Under Android enterprise, select Remove to open the Remove Account dialog.
- If you wish to remove the Android Enterprise account with Ivanti EPMM, select the check box for “I understand” and then select Remove.
Ivanti EPMM will retire Android Enterprise devices when they next check in.
Removing your managed Google Play account
You can remove your managed Google Play account if you no longer need it.