Removing unwanted applications
The process for removing unwanted applications is for administrators to configure settings and apply the configuration to a label. When devices, associated with that label, sync with Ivanti EPMM, the bloatware is removed from the device(s) based on the configuration settings.
- Log into the Admin Portal.
- Go to Devices & Users > Devices.
- Double-click on a device that has bloatware on it.
- Scroll to the Device UUID detail and copy the UUID.
Use the UUID, later in this procedure, to review the applications on a device.
- Go to Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select Add New > Windows > MobileIron (Windows 10 Only) > Bloatware Remover.
- Enter the name of the configuration you will later apply to a label.
- Enter the UUID in the Device UUID for getting the list of application field.
- Select Get installed applications.
Depending on how many applications are on the device, this can take a few minutes.
Applications on the device are listed in the left pane.
- Use the left and right arrows to move applications between the Applications from device list and the Applications for delete list.
Applications will be removed from all devices associated with the configuration once applied to a label and the devices sync to Ivanti EPMM.
- Define options for removing applications:
- Run at log on: runs the configuration when a user logs onto their device.
- Run every minute: checks the device at the designated interval and removes any bloatware that was reinstalled.
- Suppress force restart after uninstall: Does not restart the device after removing the bloatware.
- Select Save.
- Select the newly created bloatware removal configuration.
- Select Actions > Apply to Label.
- Select a label that is associated with Windows 10 Desktop devices containing bloatware you want to remove.
- Select Apply.
Based on the configuration, the label is applied and the unwanted applications are removed and the checks no longer apply.