Setting unique restrictions for signed-out devices
The Signed-Out label enables you to specify more stringent restrictions for multi-user devices when a user signs out. This is a dynamic label that applies automatically to any multi-user iOS device that does not have a signed-in user.
Specifying restrictions involves the following main steps:
- Create the restrictions that you want applied when a user signs out.
For example, you might want to disable access to YouTube when an authorized user is not signed in.
- Apply each policy and configuration to the Signed-Out label.
Suppose you want iPad devices to be restricted to basic web use when an authorized user is not signed in. You would need to create a Restrictions configuration to lock down the camera, inappropriate content, screen captures, app installation, and so on.
- Go to Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select Add New > Apple > iOS / tvOS > Restrictions. The New Restrictions Setting dialog box opens.
- Assign a Name to the configuration.
- Clear the check boxes for the items you want to restrict.
- Select Save.
- Select the new configuration.
- Select Actions > Apply To Label.
- Select Signed-Out.
- Select Apply.
Ivanti EPMM sends the new restriction settings to multi-user devices upon sign-out.