The Ivanti EPMM self-service user portal (SSP) is a platform that device users can use to manage their own devices. Access to the SSP gives users the ability to perform device management tasks, which:
- Distributes mobile device management
- Gives your users more control of their devices
- Adds efficiency to device registration by saving administrators’ time as well as wait time that device users might experience.
Consider how changing device ownership from company-owned to employee-owned or vice-versa may impact:
- The policies and configurations that are applied to the device.
- The apps that are available through Apps@Work.
- iBooks that are available on iOS devices.
Devices are impacted when they check-in with Ivanti EPMM, depending on the labels their devices have applied to them.
- Define which users have access to which device management actions by assigning Roles. See Assigning user portal device management roles.
- Provide your users with the information they need to use the user portal. See Using the self-service user portal.
Tasks and information are grouped into two sections: