- Key regeneration causes a restart for all Standalone Sentrys that use encryption for attachment control. A restart can cause a brief interruption in email service to device users.
- After regenerating the encryption key, iOS device users who use the iOS native email client cannot read previously received attachments. If device users need to read previously received attachments, re-push the Exchange setting to the devices. Ivanti advises caution when re-pushing the Exchange setting. Re-pushing the Exchange setting increases the load on the Exchange server.
- Ensure that all Sentrys configured on Ivanti EPMM are at least at Sentry 6.1.0.
- In the Admin Portal, go to Settings > System Settings.
- Scroll down to the Additional Products section.
- Click on Licensed Products.
- De-select Enable [email protected] (Original).
- Ensure that Enable [email protected] is enabled.
- Click on Save.
- Go to Settings > Sentry, and click Preferences.
- In the Standalone Sentry section, click Regenerate Key.
Regenerating the encryption key
Configuring certificate pinning
To use Certificate Pinning, in [email protected] configuration enable Client TLS option and select the configured Client TLS configuration listed to provide more security between [email protected] and enterprise server communication. For more information to configure Client TLS see, Creating a Client TLS configuration section in the Ivanti AppConnect Guide for EPMM and Ivanti Tunnel for iOS Guide.