Device users can download Docs@Work for iOS directly from the Apple AppStore. You can also distribute Docs@Work for iOS as a recommended app through Apps@Work.
- In the Admin Portal, go to Apps > App Catalog.
- Click Add+.
- Click iTunes to import Docs@Work for iOS from the Apple App Store.
- Enter Docs@Work in the Application Name text box.
- Click Search.
- Select the app from the list that is displayed.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Select one or more categories if you want to display this app in a specific group of apps on the device. Click Add New Category to define new categories.
- Click Next.
- Use the following guidelines to make the appropriate selections for App@Work Catalog:
This is a Free App
Select for free recommended apps.
iOS allows Managed App features to be applied to free apps and apps purchased with VPP credits, but not to apps paid for by the user. Specifying whether the app is free ensures successful download of apps that otherwise require user payment.
Hide this App from the Apps@Work catalog
Select to prevent this app from being displayed in Apps@Work. For example, you might want to hide apps that will be installed upon registration anyway. Hiding a mandatory app reduces clutter in Apps@Work, leaving device users with a concise menu of the approved apps they might find useful.
Allow conversion of apps from unmanaged to managed in Apps@Work (iOS 9 or later).
Select if you want to allow the app to be converted from an unmanaged app to a managed app in Apps@Work on devices running iOS 9 through the most recently released version. The unmanaged app will not require uninstallation, as it will be converted directly to a managed app.
Feature this App in the Apps@Work Catalog
Select this option if you want to highlight this app in the Featured apps list.
The Message feature for iOS apps applies only to featured apps. For more information, see “Informing users of new apps and upgrades for featured apps” in the Apps@Work Guide.
- Click Next.
- Use the following guidelines to complete the screen:
Per App VPN Settings
Per App VPN by Label Only
Select the VPN setting you created for per app VPN in the right (all) column, and click the right arrow to move it to the left (selected) column. If the app will use Tunnel, select the Tunnel VPN setting you created. You can select multiple per app VPN settings.
To reorder the per app VPN configurations in the Selected column, use the up and down arrows to sort the names in the list.
This feature applies to iOS 7 through the most recently released version.
See Managing VPN settings in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for iOS and macOS devices for information on creating a per app VPN or Tunnel VPN setting.
See “Setting per app VPN priority” in the Apps@Work Guide.
Managed App Settings
Prevent backup of the app data
Select to ensure that iTunes will not attempt to back up possibly sensitive data associated with the given app.
Remove app when device is quarantined or signed out
Select to enable configured compliance actions to remove the app if a policy violation results in a quarantined device or the device signs out in multi-user mode.
To enable this feature, you must also configure a corresponding compliance action, and security policy with that compliance action selected. Once the device is no longer quarantined, the app can be downloaded again.
If you change the setting after the app is added, the changed setting will not be applied to the app.
Send installation request or send convert unmanaged to managed app request (iOS 9 and later) on device registration or sign-in.
Select this option so that after device registration is complete, or after a user signs in on a multi-user device:
- The device user is prompted to install this app.
- The app is converted to a managed app, if the app is already installed as an unmanaged app.
To allow conversion to a managed app, also select the option Allow conversion of apps from unmanaged to managed in Apps@Work (iOS 9 or later).
This setting is not selected by default.
Send installation or convert unmanaged to managed app request to quarantined devices
Select this option to enable the following on quarantined devices:
- Prompt the device user to install the app.
- Convert the app to a managed app, if the app is already installed as an unmanaged app.
These settings are applied even if a compliance action blocks new app downloads for a quarantined device.
Remove app when MDM profile is removed
Select this option to remove this app from the device when the MDM profile is removed from the device.
- Associate the app with a label to have that app listed on iOS devices.
- Go to Apps > App Catalog.
- Select iOS from the Platform list.
- Select the app you want to work with.
- Click Actions > Apply to Label.
- Select the label that represents the iOS devices for which you want the selected app to be displayed.
- Click Apply.
- Make sure that the Apps@Work web clip is also applied to the same labels, so that iOS devices can access your enterprise storefront.
- Select Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select the System - iOS Enterprise AppStore setting.
- Select More Actions > Apply to Label.
- Select the iOS label and click Apply.