Before you configure Email+ for Android for AppConnect:
- Ensure that all devices to which you plan to deploy Email+ are able to access
https://activate-emailplus.mobileiron.com. This URL enables the use of ActiveSync features in Email+. No identifiable information, however, is reported to the server.
- Download the current version of the Email+ for Android app and Secure Apps Manager (SAM) from the Ivanti support download site. SAM is required for Ivanti EPMM deployments only. For the current download location see the Email+ for Android Release Notes.
- If your setup uses certificates, such as, for S/MIME or certificate-based authentication, ensure that the necessary certificate settings are created in the UEM.
- Ivanti EPMM: For information about configuring certificates in Ivanti EPMM, see the “Managing Certificates and Configuring Certificate Authorities” section in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for Android and Android Enterprise Devices
- Ivanti Neurons for MDM: For information about configuring certificates in Ivanti Neurons for MDM, see the “Certificate” and the “Identity Certificate Configuration” sections in the Ivanti Neurons for MDM Administrator Guide.
- If you are using Standalone Sentry to allow access to your enterprise ActiveSync server, ensure that you have a Standalone Sentry enabled for ActiveSync and the necessary device authentication configured.
- For information on how to set up Standalone Sentry, see the Ivanti Sentry Guide for Ivanti EPMM and Ivanti Sentry Guide for Ivanti Neurons for MDM for your UEM deployment.
- Ivanti, Inc recommends the following:
- Standalone Sentry should use a trusted CA certificate.
- If your UEM is Ivanti EPMM, and if the Standalone Sentry self-signed certificate is changed, you must do the following additional setup in Ivanti EPMM:
In the Services > Sentry page, for the Standalone Sentry, click the View Certificate link. This makes the Standalone Sentry’s certificate known to Ivanti EPMM.