Before you set up Email+ for Android Enterprise ensure the following:
- Requirements for configuring Email+ for Android Enterprise
- Recommendations for configuring Email+ for Android Enterprise
The following are requirements for setting up Email+ for Android Enterprise:
- Your unified endpoint management (UEM) platform must be set up for Android Enterprise. Your UEM is either Ivanti Neurons for MDM or Ivanti EPMM.
- Ivanti EPMM: See the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for Android for Work.
- Ivanti Neurons for MDM: See the Ivanti Neurons for MDM online help documentation.
- Your setup must also include Standalone Sentry configured for ActiveSync. For information on how to set up Standalone Sentry, see the Ivanti Sentry Guide for Ivanti EPMM and Ivanti Sentry Guide for Ivanti Neurons for MDM for your UEM deployment.
- Ensure that the appropriate ports are open.
- Ivanti EPMM: See theIvanti On-Premise Installation Guide for Ivanti EPMM and Enterprise Connector for information on required ports and firewall rules associated with Standalone Sentry and different backend resources.
- Ivanti Neurons for MDM: See the Ivanti Neurons for MDM Architecture and Port Requirements document.
- If you are using certificate-based authentication to the ActiveSync server or to Standalone Sentry, ensure that certificates are distributed to the device.
- Ivanti EPMM: For information about configuring certificates in Ivanti EPMM, see the “Managing Certificates and Configuring Certificate Authorities” section in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide.
- Ivanti Neurons for MDM: Ensure the certificate configuration is distributed to the same group as the Email+ app.
Ivanti, Inc recommends the following:
- Standalone Sentry should use a trusted CA certificate.
- If your UEM is Ivanti EPMM, and if the Standalone Sentry self-signed certificate is changed, you must do the following additional setup in Ivanti EPMM:
- In the Services > Sentry page, for the Standalone Sentry, click the View Certificate link. This makes the Standalone Sentry’s certificate known to Ivanti EPMM.