Before you set up Email+ for Android Enterprise ensure the following:
- Requirements for configuring Email+ for Android Enterprise
- Recommendations for configuring Email+ for Android Enterprise
The following are requirements for setting up Email+ for Android Enterprise:
- Your unified endpoint management (UEM) platform must be set up for Android Enterprise. Your UEM is either Cloud or Core.
- Core: See the Core Device Management Guide for Android for Work.
- Cloud: See the Cloud online help documentation.
- Your setup must also include Standalone Sentry configured for ActiveSync. For information on how to set up Standalone Sentry, see the Sentry Guide for Core and Sentry Guide for Cloudfor your UEM deployment.
- Ensure that the appropriate ports are open.
- Core: See theOn-Premise Installation Guide for Core and Enterprise Connector for information on required ports and firewall rules associated with Standalone Sentry and different backend resources.
- Cloud: See the Cloud Architecture and Port Requirements document.
- If you are using certificate-based authentication to the ActiveSync server or to Standalone Sentry, ensure that certificates are distributed to the device.
- Core: For information about configuring certificates in Core, see the “Managing Certificates and Configuring Certificate Authorities” section in the Core Device Management Guide.
- Cloud: Ensure the certificate configuration is distributed to the same group as the Email+ app.
Ivanti recommends the following:
- Standalone Sentry should use a trusted CA certificate.
- If your UEM is Core, and if the Standalone Sentry self-signed certificate is changed, you must do the following additional setup in Core:
- In the Services > Sentry page, for the Standalone Sentry, click the View Certificate link. This makes the Standalone Sentry’s certificate known to Core.