Configuration tasks overview for Ivanti Tunnel for Android native (Ivanti Neurons for MDM)
The following configuration tasks are required to set up Tunnel. These configuration tasks are performed in Ivanti Neurons for MDM.
- Creating Ivanti Tunnel VPN configuration for Android native (Ivanti Neurons for MDM)
- Adding and configuring the Ivanti Tunnel app for Android native (Ivanti Neurons for MDM)
Before you begin
- If you are configuring app VPN, ensure the following:
- You have created a Tunnel service for Android in Standalone Sentry. For information on setting up Standalone Sentry with a Tunnel service, see “Working with Standalone Sentry for AppTunnel” in the Standalone Sentry Guide for Ivanti Neurons for MDM.
- Standalone Sentry is set up to use identity certificates for device authentication.
- You have created an Identity Certificate configuration in Ivanti Neurons for MDM. The identity certificate generated must be trusted by the certificate chain in the certificate you uploaded to Standalone Sentry for device authentication.
- If you are configuring Ivanti Tunnel for securing authentication traffic with Access, ensure that you have setup Access. For information about setting up Access see the Access Guide. As part of the Access setup, you will have created a Tunnel service.
Create a Tunnel VPN configuration in Configurations.
- In Ivanti Neurons for MDM, go to Configurations > +Add.
- Search for Ivanti Tunnel.
- Click the Tunnel configuration.
The Create Tunnel Configuration page displays.
- Enter a name for the configuration and click Android.
The configuration fields for Tunnel VPN for Android are displayed.
- Add the necessary configurations and click Next.
- Choose a distribution option for the configuration and click Done.
The configuration is distributed to the subset of the devices to which the app is distributed. Select the same distribution option that you selected for the Tunnel for Android app.
- For a description of the configuration fields, see Ivanti Tunnel for Android native configuration field description.
- For a description of the key-value pairs, see Custom data key-value pairs for Ivanti Tunnel for Android native and Samsung Knox Workspace.
Upload the Tunnel app to Ivanti Neurons for MDM from Google Play and configure it to make it available to Android devices. You can download the app from Google Play.
- In the Ivanti Neurons for MDM portal, go to Apps >App Catalog.
- Click +Add next to App Catalog.
- Select Google Play from the catalog pulldown menu.
- Use the search to locate the Tunnel app in the Google Play store.
- Select the Ivanti Tunnel app and click Next.
A description and screen shots of the app are displayed.
- Make changes, as needed, and click Next.
- Select an app delegation option, and click Next.
- Select a distribution option and click Next.
The configuration will be distributed to the devices in the group you selected.
- Click Install Application configuration settings to configure the install options.
- Edit the Name and Description of the settings if necessary.
- Install on Device: Enable Install on devices, if you want to require that the app is installed on devices.
- Silently install on Samsung KNOX and Zebra devices: This option is not applicable to Android native apps.
- Do not show app in end user App Catalog: Select if you do not want the app displayed in the app catalog on users’ devices.
- Click Next.
- Click Promotion distribution configuration settings and select a promotion option.
The promotion option determines how the app appears in the app catalog on the device.
- Click Next and then click Done.
See the Ivanti Neurons for MDM Guide or help for more information on adding apps to the Ivanti Neurons for MDM app catalog.