The Ivanti Tunnel (Samsung Knox Workspace) VPN configuration determines, DNS, and app behavior.
Before you begin
- Enable Standalone Sentry for AppTunnel.
- Set up Standalone Sentry to use identity certificates for device authentication.
- Create a certificates enrollment setting in Ivanti EPMM. The identity certificate generated must be trusted by the certificate chain in the certificate you uploaded to Standalone Sentry for device authentication.
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, go to Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Click Add New > VPN.
- Enter a name and description for the VPN settings.
Configure the following:
Select Tunnel (Samsung Knox Workspace)
Select the Standalone Sentry on which you have enabled AppTunnel.
Select the Certificate Enrollment setting you created for Sentry setup for AppTunnel.
Inner: Select to enable VPN chaining.
VPN on Demand
Select the check box to enable VPN on demand.
If unchecked, the VPN connection is always on.
- Routes List is not supported in the Samsung Knox Workspace. Routes configured here will be ignored.
- In DNS Resolver IPs, configure the list of DNS for Tunnel.
Each entry is separated by ‘;’. IPv4 only.
The DNS configured here are different from the DNS for the original Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If needed, the administrator should set the appropriate routes to ensure that DNS routes the requests to the appropriate destination.
- In DNS Search Domain List, enter a list of search domains for DNS resolver separated by a semicolon (;).
- In Custom Data, add key-value pairs to configure the app.
- Click Finish.
- Apply the appropriate label to the app to distribute it to Samsung Knox devices.
To distribute the app through the app storefront, go to Distributing Ivanti Tunnel through [email protected].
- See Custom data key-value pairs for Ivanti Tunnel for Android native and Samsung Knox Workspace for a description of the custom data key-value pairs.
- See Configuring VPN chaining for information about how to configure VPN Chaining.
- See also, Configuration overview for Ivanti Tunnel for the Samsung Knox container (Ivanti EPMM).