These are cumulative release notes. If a release does not appear on this section, then there were no associated new features and enhancements.
- Support for Mobile Threat Defense: Ivanti Tunnel is upgraded to Zimperium SDK Version 5 to support Mobile Threat Defense (MTD).
- TLS versions deprecated: Starting from Tunnel for Android 4.11 0 onwards the TLS 1.0 and TLS1.1 versions will not be supported. The default supported TLS version is TLS 1.2.
- Clear logs option: The Clear Logs option is now added to Tunnel for Android apps Settings section app. Using this option logs will be cleared for the following files:
- Tunnel Log file
- MTD Log File
- PCAP Log file
Ivanti End User License and Services Agreement updated: Ivanti has updated the End User License and Services Agreement in the About section of the Tunnel for Android app. The users will be redirected to this agreement from the Ivanti Tunnel application
- Support for Android 14: Tunnel for Android 4.11.0 now supports Android 14 operating system version.
- Support for anti-phishing with threat vendor Lookout: Tunnel now supports VPN based phishing protection with Lookout. Client receives URL traffic from mobile device and communicates with Lookout's secure DNS server to identify malicious URLs.
For more information, see Using Tunnel App for Android Anti-Phishing in the Ivanti Neurons for MTD for MDM guide.
- Day Zero compatibility for Android 13: Day Zero compatibility for Android 13 is now available on Ivanti Tunnel for Android.
- Support for updated Ivanti Tunnel application configuration values to be reflected on device Tunnel application: The Ivanti Tunnel application configuration values for UI NotificationsLevel and DebugLog in the device Tunnel application (Tunnel User Interface) are now reflecting with updated values. Any modification that are made on the server overrides the manual modification made on the device Tunnel.
- Support for rebranding MobileIron Tunnel to Ivanti Tunnel: MobileIron Tunnel is now rebranded to Ivanti Tunnel. The MobileIron logo is also replaced with Ivanti logo in the Ivanti Tunnel application and Google play store. MobileIron Tunnel is now called Ivanti Tunnel.
- Support modern Android features: Ivanti Tunnel for Android includes a dark mode version of the Android GUI.
- Support for self-signed CA certificates: Self-signed CA certificates or private CA certificates are now supported with Ivanti Tunnel for Android 4.6.2 release.
- Support for Hungarian language: Hungarian language is now supported with Android for Ivanti Tunnel 4.6.2 release.
- Access Control List now applicable for Android devices on Ivanti Tunnel: The access control option in the MTD management console released for iOS devices in Core 184.108.40.206, is now also compatible with Android devices running over the Ivanti Tunnel VPN. You can apply the threat category as either Phishing or Safe to websites from an Access Control List (ACL) in the Management > Access Control tab. Administrators can add URLs one at a time, or use the Comma Separated Values (CSV) file template to import a bulk list. For more information, see "Allow or block device access to specific URLs" in the Mobile Threat Defense Solution guide for [Core/Ivanti Neurons for MDM].
- Support for anti-phishing with MobileIron Threat Defense (MTD): Ivanti Tunnel VPN supports anti-phishing with a MobileIron Threat Defense (MTD) setup that is enabled for anti-phishing. For additional information, see "Support for anti-phishing with MobileIron Threat Defense" in the Ivanti Tunnel for Android Guide.