Collecting [email protected] log data
This feature allows administrators to view log files generated by [email protected], making it easier to diagnose and troubleshoot any issues.
For information about using AppConnect log data, see the section “Logging for AppConnect apps for iOS” in the (Undefined variable: GlobalBookTitles.TIGA) and (Undefined variable: GlobalBookTitles.ACATG).
To collect and view log data for [email protected] on iOS devices:
- In the Admin Portal, go to Policies & Configs > Configurations.
- Select the [email protected] configuration and click Edit.
- Under Custom Configurations, click Add to add a key-value pair.
- Enter the following key-value pairs for [email protected]:
This key limits the number of log files generated by [email protected] The default value is 10. A value of 0 means there is no limit to the number of log files that can be generated. Each log file is 256KB.
the administrator’s email address
This key configures the email address to which the [email protected] log files are sent. It also creates a Feedback button in [email protected] on users’ devices. Device users tap the Feedback button to send logs to the email address associated with the feedback_email_address key.
- Click Save.
Using [email protected] app on a non-compliant device
- the compliance policy action is set to Quarantine, the [email protected] app retires on a non-compliant device. Even when the device returns to a compliant state, the [email protected] app remains in retired state.
- the "Wipe AppConnect data after x days" is configured in Global AppConnect policy, the [email protected] app retires if the device is not connected to the server within the ‘ x’ days. Even when the device establishes connection, the [email protected] app remains in retired state.
- the [email protected] app or AppConnect is disabled from the server and later enabled, the [email protected] app remains in retired state.