The System Manager provides the capability to monitor Ivanti EPMM performance over a period of time. Ivanti EPMM collects the performance information into log files. Ivanti Technical Support uses these files to diagnose Ivanti EPMM performance issues.
The files contain information about:
- CPU usage
- memory usage
- tomcat performance
- database performance
- mysql logs
You can download the files, or upload them to an external server that Ivanti Technical Support specifies.
To monitor Ivanti EPMM performance when working with Ivanti Technical Support, go to the System Manager to Troubleshooting > System Monitor.
You can run the system monitor daily and on demand. If you are experience Ivanti EPMM performance issues, collecting system monitor logs can help Ivanti Technical Support diagnose the issue.
Configuring the server to upload the log files - You can skip this step if you plan to download the log files from running the system monitor to the computer on which you are running the System Manager. Only the log files from the most recent system monitor run are available.
- Configuring the system monitor -
When you run the system monitor, you can either:
- Download the resulting log files to the computer on which you are viewing the System Manager.
- Upload the resulting log files to an SFTP or HTTPS server.
If you want to upload the files to an SFTP or HTTPS server, do the following:
- Log into System Manager.
- Go to Settings > Log Upload.
To upload system monitor logs to an HTTPS server, enter the URL of the HTTPS server.
Using an SFTP server is not supported.
Enter the User Name and Password for the appropriate server.
When working with Ivanti Technical Support, they will provide the credentials. If you upgraded Ivanti EPMM, the credentials you entered on Maintenance > Software Updates are automatically filled into this display.
- Enter the password again in Confirm Password.
- Click Apply for the server configuration you just entered.
- Log into the System Manager.
- Go to Troubleshooting > System Monitor.
Select On for the Status field to enable the system monitor. Selecting Off disables the system monitor.
Important: When disabled, the daily system monitor runs do not occur, and you cannot select Run Now.
For Iterations, enter a value between 1 and 9999. This number specifies how many times to collect system data. Technical Support will tell you what value to use.
For Intervals (Seconds), enter a value between 1 and 100. This number specifies the number of seconds between each iteration. Technical Support will tell you what value to use.
- For Run daily at, select the time of day you want to run the system monitor.
For Export Type, select one of the following:
- Download - The latest system monitor log files will be available for download.
- HTTPS Upload - System monitor files will be uploaded to the server you specify in Settings > Log Upload.
Another option is SFTP Upload, but this option is not supported.
- Click Apply.
- If you want to run the system monitor immediately, click Run Now.
Ivanti EPMM collects the system monitor log files into an archive file:
system-monitor-<Ivanti EPMM host name>-<date and time>.tar.gz
The tar file contains these log files: