New features summary
These are cumulative new feature summaries. If a release does not appear in this section, then there were no associated new features and enhancements.
Extensible Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration to manage pasteboard permission pop-up: The pasteboard permission feature in iOS 16+ devices displays a notification banner or pop-up asking the user permission before accessing the pasteboard content from another application. Whenever an AppConnect app switches to the client and back, during the normal AppConnect check-in process, a pasteboard pop-up appears.
Configuring and distributing an Extensible Single Sign-On configuration from the Ivanti Neurons for MDM server lets you enable or suppress pop-ups from appearing in the iOS client and AppConnect applications. The AppConnect applications that do not support the Extensible Single Sign-on configuration will continue to use the pasteboard feature and display the banner or pop-up.
The server pushes the Extensible Single Sign-On configuration after the MDM profile is installed. During this interval of a few minutes, the SSO Extension does not work.
The pasteboard banner or pop-up will continue to appear on iOS 16+ devices in the following scenarios:
If the device user performs copy or paste.
While generating AppConnect application logs (since the transmission of log files take place through pasteboard).
If Go application or AppConnect application does not support the Extensible Single Sign-On configuration.
For more information, see Configuring iOS 16 compatibility for AppConnect quick start .
See also: KB article: iOS 16: "Don't Allow Paste" / "Allow Paste" pop-ups from AppConnect apps.
- Support for FCM and Firebase Crashlytics: The following support items were added to Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) and Crashlytics:
- Added -googleService flag that can be used with the wrap tool to allow the replacement of Firebase authentication data with one that is related to the wrapped package name project.
Added support of Firebase Cloud Messaging plugin with version 21.
For more information, Firebase Cloud Messaging and Crashlytics support and Uploading and wrapping an app in the AppConnect for Android App Developers Guide,
- Support for Android OS 12 added: Apps wrapped with AppConnect 9.3.0 for Android work as expected on Android 12 devices. For more information, see Support and compatibility.
- Support for home screen shortcuts:The Secure Apps Manager (SAM) displays a list of Secure Apps. When tapping and holding one of the app icons, a list of shortcuts displays. These shortcuts were declared in the wrapped app's manifest file. For more information, see Generation 1 and Generation 2 wrapper limitations in the AppConnect for Android App Developers Guide, Support for Android OS 6 has been deprecated. For more information, see Support and compatibility.
- Support for PhoneGap apps have been EOL'd. For more information, see PhoneGap's website.
Enhancements to Command line interface (CLI) support with the AppConnect wrapping tool: The help description was clarified in the help command in CLI mode of wrapping Android app using the AppConnect wrapping tool. For more information see Using the AppConnect for Android Wrapping Tool in CLI mode in the AppConnect for Android App Developers Guide.
New registration of Android 10+ devices limited to Android Enterprise or MAM-only modes: From Core version 184.108.40.206, Device Admin is restricted for new device registrations with Android OS 10 and below. However, for AppConnect, the Core administrator can register devices and SAM-wrapped apps by adding a new policy in Android Quick Setup and assign it to Android devices. For more information, see Configuring registration for Android devices with AppConnect using Android Quick Setup in the AppConnect Guide for Core 220.127.116.11 and "Working with Android Quick Setup policies" in the Core Device Management Guide for Android and Android Enterprise Devices.
- Added new TextToSpeech class methods: For Android 12 and later versions, these TextToSpeech class methods are secured by AppConnect:
- addEarcon (String, File) and addSpeech (String, File) added in API 21
- addEarcon (String, Uri) and addSpeech (String, Uri) added in API 31
For more information, see Generation 1 and Generation 2 support for commonly used app capabilities in the AppConnect for Android App Developers Guide.
- Changes in wrapper support of Android Gradle: Because of Android Gradle plugin build cache being removed by Android, starting from the com.android.tools.build:gradle:4.2.0 plugin, Ivanti made the following changes for release builds:
created new stage that crunches PNG files
file names of resources were obfuscated
link-obfuscated names now go into the resources.arsc file
For more information, see https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/gradle-plugin#behavior_changes.
- Content changes for rebranding and distribution: Product documentation has been rebranded to align with Ivanti standards and is now available on the Ivanti documentation website.