AppConnect apps for iOS behavior with AppStation
The following describes the behavior of AppConnect apps for iOS if the device has both a Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) client (Go or [email protected]) for device management (MDM) as well AppStation for app management (MAM-only):
- The apps that are AppConnect-enabled with a supported AppConnect version, switch to AppStation. If AppStation has the appropriate configurations from Cloud, the apps continue to work with AppStation. If AppStation does not have the appropriate configurations from Cloud, control for the apps switches to the UEM client. The process is repeated if the app is uninstalled and re-installed.
- AppConnect apps that are AppConnect-enabled with a version not supported by AppStation, always switch to the UEM client.
- AppConnect apps that have already checked in with either the UEM client or AppStation continue to work with the original client with which the app checked in, even after a new client (Go, [email protected], or AppStation) is added. The AppConnect app does not switch to the new client.
- If the device has only AppStation, and the AppConnect apps are not enabled with AppConnect 4.3 through the latest version, the apps run in non-AppConnect mode because they do not have a compatible UEM client to switch to.
- At any given time, only one instance of an AppConnect app is supported. The latest installed app wins. For example, only one Email+ AppConnect app on the device is supported. The latest Email+ app installed on the device is supported.
AppStation supports AppConnect apps that are enabled with AppConnect 4.3 through the latest version.