The following sections detail the hardware and networking requirements for running Monitor. See the Monitor Release Notes for software and browser compatibility information.
Guest OS requirement
CentOS 6/7 (64 bit)
- Processor: 2.53 GHz Quad-core
- Memory: 16 GB
- Storage: 500 GB hard drive.
IMPORTANT: You may need even more space if you choose to monitor Sentry, or if you enable RDB on the same machine (see the section, "Prerequisites" in the Reporting Database Essentials guide for RDB sizing information). See Purging Data for information on purging data to free up disk space more often than the default every four weeks.
Open the following ports:
- 443 for CMC portal access
- 8443 for MICS portal access
- 514 is used by the Rsyslog server to monitor the incoming logs from Core and Sentry servers.