Defining app control rules in Ivanti EPMM
This server-initiated task creates an App Control rule that installs a non-existent app on the managed iOS or Android device, to enforce compliance actions on MTD-enabled devices by applying previously-defined labels.
Before you begin
Be sure you have completed Creating MTD labels in Ivanti EPMM for Android and iOS devices.
- In the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, select Apps > App Control.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter a descriptive name such as "Always True" in the Name field.
- Select the radio button next to Required in the Type section of the page.
- In the Rules Entries section, fill out the following fields:
- App: Select Name Equals from the pull down menu.
- App Identifier/Name: Add an app identifier or name.
- Device Platform: Select All from the pull-down menu.
- Comment: Add a meaningful comment, such as "This app will never appear."
- Click Save.
Proceed to Defining an MTD security policy in Ivanti EPMM.