Updating Ivanti EPMM sync policy
A final step in configuring mitigation and compliance is to make sure your sync policy is updated.
Before you begin
Configuring device scanning frequency for threat scan
You can set the frequency for waking up iOS devices and running a threat scan.
- From the Ivanti EPMM Admin Portal, go to Policies & Configs > Policies.
- Click Add New > Sync. The New Sync Policy dialog box opens.
If there is already an existing Sync policy the Modify Sync Policy screen displays.
- Enter the name of the policy and a description if needed.
(iOS only) Enter an MTD wakeup interval in minutes. This interval determines how often [email protected] wakes up and performs an MTD scan on iOS devices. The default wakeup interval is 60 minutes. Setting this value to a low interval is more taxing on the device's battery than setting it at a higher interval.
- Click Save.
- Apply the label All Smartphones to the policy.
The Client is always connected option is only applicable for Android devices and does not apply to iOS devices. Selecting (enabling) this check box ensures continuous MTD scanning on Android devices.
- For general instructions on creating a sync policy, see "Using default policies" in the Using Policies chapter of Getting Started with Ivanti EPMM.
- For instructions on iOS sync policy, see "iOS location-based wakeups interval and syncing with Ivanti EPMM" in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for iOS and macOS devices.
- For instructions on Android sync policy, see "Android notification sync policy" in the Ivanti EPMM Device Management Guide for Android and Android Enterprise devices.