Whitelisting a sideloaded app for Android devices
If the Sideloaded App threat is enabled through the MTD console, when Ivanti Mobile@Work for Android users install an app on their phone that wasn't downloaded from the Windows App Store or Google Play Store (including Ivanti Mobile@Work for Android), it triggers a "sideloaded app" threat. If a sideloaded app is approved for your organization and you want to whitelist (allow) it, you can configure this on the MTD console before or after it is installed on a device.
If you chose not to whitelist UEM-managed apps through MTD console, Sideloaded App threats should not be bound to any compliance action.
Whitelisting an app prior to installation
- From MTD threat management console, click APPS.
- Find an app that you want to whitelist.
- Click the three-dot menu on the far right of the row, and select Allow / Deny.
From the Allow / Deny popup menu:
- Select Entire App Bundle, to prevent app threats from these apps displaying on client apps and on the MTD console.
- Select ALLOW to whitelist the app.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Whitelisting an app after installation
- From MTD console, click THREAT LOG.
- Select the sideloaded app that you want to whitelist.
From the Actions menu, select Whitelist App Developer.
Your selection is saved automatically.