Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense overview
The Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense solution consists of three components:
- Ivanti Neurons for MDM admin console to the Mobile Device Management (MDM) server
- Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense Client Application (Ivanti Go for iOS and Android and Ivanti AppStation)
- MTD Management Console (formerly referred to as zConsole)
Figure 1. Components of Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense
The MTD administrator can configure Ivanti Neurons for MDM to automatically install the required client application version, deploy and enable Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense on selected devices, and configure the components to protect devices from mobile threats.
After initial onboarding, the following workflow is required to configure the Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense:
Figure 2. MTD workflow
- Ivanti Neurons for MDM provides an activation code to Ivanti Go clients on selected devices. See Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense prerequisites.
- Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense is enabled on selected devices. See Activating Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense.
- The MTD console authenticates and establishes communication with Ivanti Neurons for MDM and synchronizes device parameters. For more information about MTD console, see Using the MTD threat management console.
- The administrator defines threat defense policies on the MTD console. See Creating the MTD console Threat Response Matrix.
- The administrator defines MTD local actions configurations on the admin console. See Configuring MTD local actions for Ivanti Neurons for MDM.
- MTD-enabled Ivanti Go clients check in and begin communicating with the MTD console and with Ivanti Neurons for MDM.
- MTD-enabled Ivanti Go clients periodically scan the device for threats, and actions are taken in accordance with defined server-initiated and local action policies.