Managing EU users under GDPR
European Union (EU) members have additional data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard. The Ivanti Mobile Threat Defense GDPR profile protects member data from being exposed to integration partners, API developers and administrators.
Before you can assign the GDPR profile to a user, you must enable the feature in
- From Ivanti Neurons for MDM, navigate to Admin > System > GDPR Profiles. The GDPR Profile page displays.
Click Enable GDPR Profiles to be assigned to users. The Default GDPR Profile options display.
By default, all of the fields are selected.
- Click the blue pencil in the upper-right corner to edit the profile defaults.
Disable GDPR for any fields that you do not want to hide by deselecting the check box for the field.
Field options include:
- User ID
- User's Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI)
- Serial Number
- Integrated Circuit Card ID (ICCID)
- International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI)
- Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID)
When hidden, the serial number and IMEI display as empty fields, the rest as asterisks: *****
Your GDPR profile elections display, similar to this example.
Figure 1. GDPR Profile elections
Once the GDPR profile is enabled, you must assign API users to it.
When the GDPR profile is enabled for a user, some functionality and edit rights in the
Figure 2. GDPR reminder banner
- From the Ivanti Neurons for MDM portal, navigate to Users > Users. The Users page displays.
- Select a user, click the three-dot menu for the row, then click Details. The User Information page displays.
- Click Edit.
Scroll down to the GDPR Profile section. Click Use the GDPR Profile for this user.
Figure 3. Use the GDPR Profile for this user enabled
GDPR Profile – Default GDPR Profile Applied now appears on the user's Edit User Details page, under User Settings.
Figure 4. Confirm that the GDPR profile has been enabled
- Once GDPR has been enabled for an administrator or API user, they will not be able to see device and user information. The GDPR fields display as asterisks, or a blank field.