Whitelisting a sideloaded app for Android devices
If the Sideloaded App threat is enabled through the MTD console, when Ivanti Go for Android users install an app on their phone that wasn't downloaded from the Windows App Store or Google Play Store (including Ivanti Go for Android), it triggers a "sideloaded app" threat. If a sideloaded app is approved for your organization and you want to whitelist (allow) it, you can configure this on the MTD console before or after it is installed on a device.
If you chose not to whitelist UEM-managed apps through MTD console, Sideloaded App threats should not be bound to any compliance action.
Whitelisting an app prior to installation
- From MTD threat management console, click APPS.
- Find an app that you want to whitelist.
- Click the three-dot menu on the far right of the row, and select Allow / Deny.
From the Allow / Deny popup menu:
- Select Entire App Bundle, to prevent app threats from these apps displaying on client apps and on the MTD console.
- Select ALLOW to whitelist the app.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Whitelisting an app after installation
- From MTD console, click THREAT LOG.
- Select the sideloaded app that you want to whitelist.
From the Actions menu, select Whitelist App Developer.
Your selection is saved automatically.