Removing an old or expired MDM profile from an iOS or macOS device
If a device has an old or expired MDM profile installed, the old or expired MDM profile may prevent the new MDM profile from being installed, which, in turn, may prevent the device from being registered. If a device has an old or expired MDM profile, you must remove it to enable device registration.
When removing the MDM profile from an iOS device, Core can no longer track the apps installed to the device. Core stores the last known state of all installed apps (at the time of MDM profile removal) until retiring the device.
- Tap the Settings icon on the iOS device.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to the Profiles section.
- Tap Profiles.
- Select the profile.
- Tap the Remove button.
- On the macOS device, click the Apple icon.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click Profiles.
- Examine the list of device profiles for any MDM profiles that may be expired or irrelevant.
- Select the expired profile.
- Click the minus (-) button to remove the expired profile.