Ivanti Automation powered by RES
Team Settings tab
At Topology > Teams, you can set up and manage Teams. When adding or editing a Team, use the Team Settings tab to configure settings for a Team that deviate from the Global Settings. Agents that use the Team as their primary Team will inherit its Team settings (unless they use Agent-specific settings). Because these settings can deviate from the Global Settings, it becomes much easier to apply the same settings on groups of Agents.
- You can set the default Team settings at Setup > Global Settings.
- Team settings only apply to an Agent if the Team is set as primary Team for that Agent.
- Use the Members tab to set a Team as a primary Team.
Primary Teams are Teams whose settings can be inherited by each Agent that is a member of the Team. An Agent can only inherit settings from its primary Team: if an Agent is also a member of other Teams, these settings will be ignored.
For each Agent, you can choose whether to use inherited settings or Agent specific settings. Inherited Agent settings are inherited from:
- the global settings, if the Agent is not a member of a primary Team.
- the primary Team, if the Agent is a member of this Team.
You can change the settings of Teams in different ways:
- Open the properties of an individual Team and click the Team Settings tab.
- Right-click a Team and click Settings Overview. This opens the Settings Overview window, which shows an overview of the settings of all Teams. The settings overview does not resolve nested Teams to show the settings of the underlying Agents.
- To change these settings, select one or more Teams and click Change settings of selected Teams. It is not possible to change the settings from nested Teams.
- Select the relevant Teams, right-click this selection and click Change settings of selected Teams. This opens the Change settings for multiple Teams window.
- To change a setting, select it and click Edit.
- After changing the setting, its check box will be selected. To ignore a changed setting, clear this check box.
To set a Team as a primary Team for an Agent, do one of the following:
- open the Agent Properties of a specific Agent, select a Team on the Teams tab and click Set as primary Team.
- open the Team Properties of a specific Team, select one or more Agents on the Members tab and click Set current Team as primary. You can automatically set Teams as primary Teams for new members.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.