Ivanti Automation powered by RES
Agent Teams tab
At Topology> Agents, you can configure Agents. When editing an Agent, use the Teams tab to manage Team membership of the Agent. Agents can be grouped into Teams to make it easier to maintain them in a uniform manner. Each Agent can be member of several Teams.
- Agents that use the Team as their primary Team will inherit its Team settings (unless they use Agent-specific settings). You can set up Team settings when configuring Teams. An Agent can have only one primary Team.
- To set a Team as a primary Team for the Agent, select the relevant Team of which the Agent is a member and click Set as primary team. This is useful if you want to use the settings of a Team instead of Global Settings or Agent settings. Agents that use the Team as their primary Team will inherit its Team settings and Trusts. An Agent can only inherit Team settings and Trusts from a primary Team: as an Agent can have only one primary Team at a time, it does not inherit settings and Trusts from any other Team which it is a member of:
- Team settings (unless Agent-specific settings are used). Because these settings can deviate from the Global Settings, it becomes much easier to apply the same settings on groups of Agents. You can set up Team settings on the Team Settings tab.
- Trusts (unless Agent-specific Trusts are used). Agents that use a Team as their primary Team not only inherit its Trusts (Security settings), but also its Team settings (Topology settings). It is therefore recommended to consider the consequences before assigning an Agent to a different primary Team, as this may have a severe impact on the performance of the Agent.
Best practice: Create a Team folder, configure Trusts on this folder and add the two primary Teams to the Team folder. In this way, it is not necessary to change Team settings or Trusts for each primary Team: the Agent will still inherit the correct settings from its primary Team. See Trusts.
- To add or remove an Agent from a Team, select the relevant Team and click Open. This closes the Agent Properties window and opens the Add/Edit Team window of the selected Team on the Members tab.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.