Ivanti Automation powered by RES
License usage collection and reporting
This feature becomes available when the Ivanti License Server is released.
At Setup > Licensing, on the License Server tab:
- Use the Export data button to view the collected license usage
- Use the Export reports button to view the reported license peak usage
Select the time span and filename and location to export the information to a CSV file.
Collection and reporting
Every hour, the Dispatchers will automatically collect the license usage of ASP and Corporate licenses and save it in the Datastore. By default, all Dispatchers are allowed to collect this information, but only one will actually do the collection. If you have assigned the Licensing role to one or more Dispatchers, only the assigned Dispatchers are allowed to do the collection.
After you have successfully registered the product and assigned the Licensing role to one or more Dispatchers, the assigned Dispatchers will also automatically report the license peak usage to the Ivanti License Server every first day of the month. Only the assigned Dispatchers are allowed to communicate with the Ivanti License Server and report the license peak usage. Furthermore, every hour the communication to the Ivanti License Server is tested to see if the server is available (heartbeat).
It is possible to configure a proxy server to route the Internet traffic from the Dispatchers to the Ivanti License Server via the global setting Dispatcher Proxy.
The CSV file (export-license-data.csv) shows when (UTC date and time) and by who (Dispatcher name) the information was collected for the specified time span and includes the following measurements:
- Total number of used license points
- Number of servers (such as: Windows Servers, Unix/Linux systems)
- Number of workstations (such as: Windows, Mac OS X clients)
The license points are rounded up. For example, 191 workstations will result in 96 license points. By default, the time span from the start of the current month to the current date is shown. The list is separated by semi-colons (";").
The CSV file (export-license-usage.csv) shows the following information per report for the specified time span:
- Applicable product (environment ID - as registered in the Ivanti License Server)
- Date and time of calculating (fact date) and sending (date sent) the report
- License types (license info) used in the product
- Summary of the collected information
- Period, year and month, of the report
- Status of sending the report to the Ivanti License Server: OK or Failed
- Collected information of peak moment, which includes:
- Total number of used license points at peak moment
- Date and time of peak moment
- Number of servers at peak moment
- Number of workstations at peak moment
By default, the time span from 6 months before the current date to the current date is shown. The list is separated by semi-colons (";").
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.